Being a Girl

2:34 PM Posted In Edit This 0 Comments »
I was raised by both of my parents, but being the second girl in my family I was inclined to follow my father around and be his little tom-boy.  Since my dad always said he had wanted a boy, I tried to keep him happy by shooting bow and arrow, working in his shop, fixing cars, playing sports and not caring about looks.  Once I grew up a little, I realized that I liked being the girl that could get ready to go in less than 15 minutes (including a shower) and I never had to worry about a lot of the things my friends stress over.  For instance, my friends are constantly pulling up their pants because their butt crack or thong is hanging out.  I never have to worry if there's ice on the ground when wearing tennis shoes, but they are constantly checking outside to make sure their heels can make it to their next class.  I never have to worry about quick bathroom runs to check my make-up or weigh down my purse with the "daily essentials" to keep myself looking good.  I never complain about flat hair, frizzy hair or my hair cut because my hair is always up in a pony tail.  Spill something on my shirt?  Oh well, it's a t-shirt, I'll buy another.  No $50 shirt for me!  Why waste time fixing my nail polish, I don't wear it to begin with.  Eye itch?  Itch it, there's not make-up on my face to begin with.  Don't get me wrong.  I love my friends that are girls, however few there may be, but it is a bit annoying how much time and effort goes into pampering themselves.  Forget pampering, I'm talking general upkeep as far as they're concerned!  This is why, I'm happy to be the girl that I am.

0 comments: